Discussion: tempo features
I thought about some tempo enhancements and talked to @geraldmwangi in short yesterday. here are the results.
From my point of view these are the problems:
- in my opinion Luppp is at the moment kind of unflexible on tempo stuff
- Luppp only supports 4th bars
- the tempo tab button can set the speed but cannot set the first beat of a bar
- syncing Luppp to other software isnt easy and nice
- tempo problems: gcrkrause/openAV-Luppp#128 and @Vampouille mentioned something...
- @geraldmwangi want to implement a 'nudge' button to set the first beat to the moment of the click (gcrkrause/openAV-Luppp#147)
- some kind of beat detection on input may be great (related to gcrkrause/openAV-Luppp#65 ?)
- full synchronisation to other jack clients (eg Hydrogen, gcrkrause/openAV-Luppp#113)
- implement other bars (gcrkrause/openAV-Luppp#126)
- starting record with other loops in scene (gcrkrause/openAV-Luppp#119)
- there is #81 which does something i dont understand :D
- record N beats (gcrkrause/openAV-Luppp#101)
I know, these are pretty different topics and there are issues for nearly everyone, but i wanted to create a general overview. if there is a full concept we can split this into smaller problems.